Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Warby Parker At Home Try-On

















For a while now I've been a bit discontented with my current glasses. Though I had spent hours looking for the perfect frames (actually hours trying on pairs over and over. I am a total nut about choosing glasses), eventually deciding on a gorgeous Persol brand pair, they weren't quite fitting as well as I'd hoped and they kept slipping down my nose, making me feel like an aging librarian.

Finally after a lot of buzz about Warby Parker, an internet-based, economical glasses company where the whole shebang, prescription lenses and everything, cost just $95. A great feature about the purchasing process is an "at home try-on" where you can order 5 pairs of glasses to your house to try on and parade around in for 5 days.

So. After spending quite a few hours perusing their website for the perfect frames, I finally received my 5 pairs on Friday. Here are the results, in the form of a selfie series!


 The Preston style in Gimlet Tortoise



The Beckett style in Revolver Black Matte


The Crosby style in Greystone



The Winston style in Revolver Black





The Winston style in Lunar Fade




And the winner is, the Preston style in Gimlet Tortoise! Firstly, the tortoise-shell pattern on these frames is killer! It's just bold enough to make a statement, but subtle enough to fit in with my (let's face it) fairly monochromatic wardrobe. Though these were originally my spur-of-the-moment last choice, the slightly cat-eye style with the rounded lower portion won my heart and, surprisingly, complimented my already round face :)


(I already have plans to maybe buy myself a second pair for Christmas. My second choices are tied between Beckett in Greystone and Winston in Lunar Fade. What do you think?)

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment