Monday, March 31, 2014

Daydreaming

Last spring about this time, Leah and I went on an adventure in Italy. Between the food (mostly pizza, pasta, and wine/beer), the constant movement, the beautiful views, and the excellent company, it was, quite honestly, one of the best weeks of my entire life. 

Lately, as I've been feeling glum about the cloudy days (though it is getting warmer!) and caught up in thesis-writing, I've been daydreaming about that amazing week. 

< first stop: Verona > 

< looking European > 


< second stop: Lake Como >

< my all-black travel uniform >


< the surest sign of spring! >
side note: I've been painting this flower, so I've had a lot of time to look at it. It sure is getting me excited for the warmer weather and all the beautiful signs of life that it brings! 


< stop three: Cinque Terre >
makin' friends along the way 


< Riomaggiore >

 < one of the best views in the world! > 

This is honestly the European vacation I would recommend to absolutely everyone. Leah and I both flew into and out of Milan (each of us out of a different airport! talk about hectic) which was the perfect home base because of Milan's big train station. We first took the train to Verona for a day trip (about 2 hours each way, I believe) where we ate a lot and walked all around. Next we took the train to Lake Como for the perfect restorative two days. We walked a lot again (this time along the countryside and the lake) and made our own food for a few days. Lastly, we took the train through Milan to Cinque Terre. We spent our last four days hiking between the five towns and eating our weight in pizza! The views there are absolutely stunning--the blue ocean against the steep hills and the little colorful towns nestled right in… it's just perfect. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment